Monday, September 26, 2011
Tips and Tricks Tuesday!
Welcome to "Tips and Tricks Tuesday", my new series that will help you learn the tips and tricks of hair and makeup pros. There are lots of things that we do to keep our clients looking fabulous all day long, and now, you will learn some of the techniques we use. If there is anything specific that you'd like to learn, please feel free to let me know!
Lets get started! The first tip/trick that I'm going to share with you is how to make your red lipstick last. Lots of women want to wear red, but they are hesitant because they dont want it to wear off during the day. So, following these few steps, you can give your red lipstick lots of staying power...
1. Line your lips with a red lip pencil that matches your lipstick. This will prevent your red lipstick from "bleeding".
2. Fill in your lips with the red lip pencil. By filling in your lips, you are creating a base for your lipstick to adhere to.
3. Apply your red lipstick. You can apply it either straight from the tube, or you can use a lip brush if you like.
4. Blot your lips using a tissue. Simply put a tissue between your lips and press together gently.
5. Here is the trick!! After you've blotted your lips, use a makeup brush to apply a layer of transluscent setting powder over your red lipstick. This trick will set your lipstick to prevent smudging, smearing, and wearing off.
6. Apply one more coat of red lipstick.
My favorite red lip combo of the season is Arbonne Cosmetics Cherry Lip Liner and Strawberry Lipstick. The combination is beautiful on almost every skin tone. Here is a picture of me at a conference wearing the combo.
Its gorgeous, and perfect for the upcoming holiday season! Hope you enjoyed this tip! Cant wait to share more!