Friday, January 27, 2012

Lia Sophia Jewelry Fashion Show

As a lot of you may already know, in addition to being a hair and makeup artist, I'm also a certified Zumba Instructor. A few months back, while subbing another instructor's class, I met a woman named Pam. Right from the beginning, Pam and I clicked. She had such a friendly, kind-hearted personality. As I got to know Pam, she told me about the non-profit organization called On Common Ground that she had started, and also about her business as a Lia Sophia Jewelry Consultant. Not long ago, Pam came to me and told me that she was organizing a jewelry showcase that would combine both her non-profit and Lia Sophia businesses. When she asked if I would be so kind as to provide makeup services for the models, right away, I was in.

The event was held at the South Attleboro Elks Club. It was a super hectic night, but I honestly must say that Pam and her team did a fantastic job organizing the event. The venue was set up beautifully, and the staff at the Elks Club did a great job as well.

Unfortunately, at this time, I don't have any pictures of the models. We were working within such a short time frame that I honestly didnt have a chance to snap any photos, but I am working on getting some ASAP! For hair and makeup, we went for a classic glamour look. Each model's hair was styled in a simple bun. Although each girl's bun was different, the overall theme was classic glam...very sleek and put together. I'm in love with buns as it is, so this was right in my element.

For makeup, I stayed right in line with the classic glamour look. I kept each model's makeup very clean and natural. Since the show was about the jewelry, I didnt want anyone's makeup to be too overpowering, so I kept things very neutral. My color palette for eyes for the evening was golds, bronzes, taupes, and black. Cheeks were highly contoured (just the way I like!), and given a splash of color to make the skin look as though it were blushing. Lips were also kept nude, but a colorful nude. Shades of bronze, mauve, and berry were used in order to give the lips that "just bitten" look.

Honestly, I'm kicking myself for not having time to get pictures! The girls looked absolutely stunning tonight! Like I said, I will be working to get a few pictures from the even to share with you guys.

Over all, this event was great. Pam put lots of hard work into organizing this evening, and it truly paid off. Guests were given a chance to browse through the catalog and receive a discount off of whatever they chose to order, and 100% of the proceeds were donated to On Common Ground. I couldnt have been more proud of my friend for this event. Unfortuately, I had to leave before the end (no sleep + early morning tomorrow = hell!), but I cant imagine that it ended anything less than fabulous! Cant wait to get my hands on some pictures to share with you all!!

Have a great night my beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment