Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Carol's Daughter Hair Smoothie

This has been such a hot summer so far, and my hair is really feeling the effects of all this heat. I've also been swimming a lot (I'm a pisces...I LOVE the water!) and being in a chlorinated pool a few times a week is also taking its toll on my hair. I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping my already dry curlies hydrated by shampooing immediately with a shampoo that is specifically designed to remove all cholrine from the hair, then I'll ALWAYS use a good conditioner and leave it in for a few minutes longer than normal. My hair is always easy to detangle and never feels too dry.


With all the heat and chlorine that my hair is being exposed to however, I felt that it is necessary to get a little more intense with hydrating my hair. For my birthday back in March, my sister bought me a gift card to one of the only places that gives me serenity on this earth...you got it! SEPHORA! I've been holding onto this gift card for months now debating on what to buy. So yesterday, I rushed out of work and knew exactly what I wanted to use my gift card on. I purchased the Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie for $20. I've used other products from Carol's Daughter before, and honestly, I wasn't super impressed with them all. I felt like some of them were either too heavy for my hair, or just not heavy enough. I figured that if this treatment is heavy, that will be a good thing though. Plus it smells like a little slice of heaven in a 8oz jar.




According to the Carol's Daughter website, the Tui Hair Smoothie "is an intense, deep conditioner rich in essential oils and Shea and Cocoa butters that provide moisture and protection to dryness and brittleness. The creamy, nutrient-rich ingredients immediately detangle unruly hair and boost shine." Sounds just like what I have, and exactly what I need. This hair smoothie is also free of parabens, mineral oils, petrolatum, and artaficial fragrance.


I haven't tried it yet. I'll probably deep treat my hair after my swim today. Most likely, I'll use it with a plastic cap and my hooded dryer so that I get a really intense treatment. I'm excited to try and I'll post results when I'm done!


Has anyone ever used any Carol's Daughter products? Has anyone ever used one of their Hair Smoothies? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment