Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Skin

These past few weeks in Rhode Island have been crazy as far as weather goes. One day it is blazing hot, and the next day, it's pretty chilly. Recently though, we've been feeling more summer weather than anything. Even though I'm loving the warm, sunny days, my skin is hating all the humidity and heat! Normally, I'm a very oily skin type. Okay, I'm actually an oil slick! My skin gets very greasy and shiny throughout the day, and I'm also very prone to breakouts. Having oily skin has its up's and down's. On the up-side, us oily girls will age slower than normal or dry skin types. However, we still battle with shine, oil, pimples, and blackheads. I guess the long term benefits of oily skin do outweigh the short, but while I'm still young, I need to control all this oil on my face!!



Since my skin has been extra oily in this heat, I've decided that its time to change up my skin care routine a little bit. First, I'm making sure that I'm exfoliating my skin at least once each week (no more than twice because I don't want to cause irritation!). Second, I've been alternating my cleansers. I have one that is oil free and specifically made for oily/combination skin types, and I also have one that contains salicylic acid in it that will help to fight any break outs before they occur. I'm also using a daily moisturizer that contains salicylic acid as well. Since my daily moisturizer does not contain an SPF, I always make sure to use one after I hydrate my skin. Even though I have some pigment to my skin (I'm still pretty pale!!), I can't afford to be outside in the sun with no protection since I know what the consequences can be. I take that very seriously. And of course, I use a good eye cream which varies from day to night. My eye cream for daytime has an SPF in it, but my night eye cream gives me the serious anti-aging benefits (since our skin renews itself at night and takes in products better during that time, I do most of my anti-aging treatments at night time). Here's what I've been using:



1.) Arbonne Fresh Cell Scrub

2.) Arbonne FC5 Purifying Cleanser

3.) Arbonne Clear Advantage Cleanser

4.) Arbonne Clear Advantage Daily Moisturizer

5.) LaRoche Posay Anthelios SPF60 Fluid (no, its not Arbonne, but it IS GOOOOOD STUFF)

6.) LaRoche Posay Hydraphase Eyes UV SPF29 (once again, not Arbonne, but still good and it has an SPF)



...at night time, I use the same cleansers and moisturizer, but I also use the following in place of #5 and #6:



5.) Arbonne RE9 Advanced Night Repair Creme

6.) Arbonne RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Creme



My routine hasn't seriously changed from what I do in the winter, but I've noticed that I have been aggressively fighting oil like its nobody's business!!!



What about you guys? Do you change your skin care routine based on the seasons of the year? How do you take care of your skin during extreme weather conditions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment